We were so tickled to visit the Henry T. Moody House in Newburyport, Mass., in all its exquisite detail. We only wish the sun weren’t so harsh this day because the photos could be better.
Anyhoo, this was built around 1890 by Moody, a machinist for the Victor Manufacturing Company, which made fireproof doors.
Artist Harry S. Moody boarded here, and was likely Moody’s son. Henry Moody lived here until at least 1924, and in 1931, the property was sold to Eleanor A. Meinerth.
Since the 1990s, it has had five different owners, but its most recent has been here since 2006.