The Pullen Corner School in Lincoln, Rhode Island is better known as the Hot Potato School.
Built in 1850, the one-room schoolhouse was used to teach students in first through eighth grade until it closed down in 1922.
According to legend, it earned its nickname after a teacher donated a stove to the school. She baked and boiled potatoes donated by local farmers so that children could have a hot lunch every day.
Originally located elsewhere in town, the school was moved to Chase Farm Park in 2014 in order to restore and preserve it.