This darling cottage sits alongside other similar homes on Forest Street in Lexington, Mass., with one difference: the others all have Mansard roofs.
And also unlike its neighbors, this 1876 house wasn’t built as a rental property. It belonged to a Mrs. Turner.
It would become a rental, however. By 1898, it was owned by insurance agent George W. Sampson, who lived elsewhere in town, so it was likely occupied by others.
Same goes for its next owner — George H. Jackson in 1906 — who was one of the largest property owners in this area of town.
The cottage has three bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and just over 2,200 square feet. It was recently assessed at $1.124 million dollars.