In 1913, Longfellow’s Wayside Inn was owned by Edward R. Lemon, who built the Gate House to store his collection of antiques and his coach.
The structure, located in Sudbury, Mass., was built from salvaged wood from Colonial-era houses and taverns.
Henry Ford, who owned the Wayside Inn from 1923-1944, moved the building from its original location near Longfellow’s Memorial Gardens.
It is now across the street and kitty corner from the Inn.
Today, some inn employees live here, and it also serves as the Wayside Inn’s office space.