This towered Italianate in Concord, Mass., has a companion house directly across the way. Twinsies!
Built in 1880, it was rented out for a few years before George Rounds bought it in 1884. An ex-minister, Rounds was the auditor for the Fitchburg Railroad.
Rounds and his son both wrote articles for the Concord Freeman. When the family moved away in 1889, James Melvin bought the house. However, he was gravely ill and died shortly thereafter. Melvin’s widow, Mary, lived in the house with their daughter, Edith, until at least 1934.