This massive mansion in Placerville, California, dates back to 1853 and was built by Colonel Frederick A. Bee.
The plaque outside reads as follows: “One of the oldest preserved homes of Placerville built in 1853 by Col. Fred A Bee, pioneer merchant and enlarged in 1889 by Judge Marcus B. Bennett, early jurist. Retaining redwood ornate paneling woodwork and fireplace of pioneer period.”
In 1958, it was purchased by the Elks Club to use as its hall until 2001, when it became a restaurant. It is now a wedding venue.