When this house was originally built in 1888 in Woodland, California, it was a single story Queen Anne cottage. It was built for early German pioneers, H.A. and Louisa Schneegas and stayed in the family nearly 40 years.
After Louisa’s death in 1892, her daughter Caroline inherited it. Caroline married Nova Scotia native Charles D. Simpson, who became a successful grain broker. The lived in the home until 1898, although Caroline owned it until 1926, when she sold it to Della B. Nelson.
In 1929, Della began an extensive remodeling project, which took one year and resulted in the current look of the home.
A two-story north wing was added by owners in 2005.