Built 1865 in Acton, Mass., this is one of three houses on Main Street associated with the Tuttle family. Horace Tuttle (1800-1875), brother of Charles, Francis and Joseph, were all active in the development of Acton Centre. Horace built this on land he had owned since the mid-1800s.
This was the last house occupied by Horace Tuttle Sr., after his sons took over homesteads just down the street. His widow lived here after his death.