Early Christian minister Rev. J. N. Pendegrast was the first owner of this 1878 Italianate in Woodland, California.
From 1896 to 1944, it belonged to Micajah Ogelsby Harling and family. During this time period, Harling became a bank president and a member of the advisory board of the Bank of America.
The home was sold in 1953 to Howard and Sylvia Terhune, who spent 15 years rehabbing the home. Howard was an accomplished designer and pioneer in the post World War II preservation movement in Woodland.
He saved the house next door from demolition in 1964, transforming it into a duplex in order to keep the historic presence alive.