This 1922-built Sacramento, California house was originally owned by Oscar Henry Miller, whose father, Peter, settled in Sacramento in the early 1860s.
Built in 1922, the dwelling combines Colonial Revival style with Prairie influences.
For 50 years, Oscar was associated with the Knox Lumber Company, starting there as a bookkeeper and eventually becoming president.
In 1941, Oscar became a 50-year member of the Sons of the Golden West’s Sacramento Parlor, which was founded in 1878; this was a great source of pride for him. He was also a longtime member of the Odd Fellows and Elks Lodge.
He and his wife, Lillie, lived here until at least 1940. Together, they had a son, Walter. Oscar died in 1950 at the age of 82.
The Miller House is a landmark on the Sacramento Register of Cultural and Historic Resources.