Built in 1889, this Spokane, Wash., house was built for flagman and city stableman, John W. Glover, and his wife, Maggie. The house was sold in 1895 to Emily and Daniel Henley, who was a prominent Spokane attorney.
But it is most well-known for its long association with Spokane brewmaster and German immigrant, John G.F. Hieber (1923-2007). In addition to founding the Union Brewery & Malting Company, Hieber had loads of real estate and was praised for his business sense, earning the respect of the entire community.
The house and its carriage house reflect an eclectic mix of influence from Queen Anne, Swiss Chalet and Shingle architectural styles.
The Hieber House is a contributing property in the Browne’s Addition Historic District, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and is also a contributing property to the Browne’s Addition Local Historic District Overlay zone in 2019.