The Odell House in Spokane, Washington is an excellent example of free classic Queen Anne style. It was built in 1899 and designed by prominent Spokane architect, Loren L. Rand, on one of the most prestigious locations in the city at that time: high up on a bluff.
Like the surrounding homes, the Odell House is associated with prominent figures in Spokane history. Real estate entrepreneur and civic benefactor, George W. Odell, and his wife, Ada, were the original owners of the house. It was later home to Denis and Margaret Clark. Clark was a wealthy miner and a brother to James and Patrick Clark, who built the nearby Patsy Clark Mansion.
In 1922, Sam Katzenstein, a salesman for Cohn Brother’s Furniture, bought the house and converted it to six apartments, which it remains today.
An automobile garage designed by the Ballard Plannery was added to the Odell House in 1912.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, and is a contributing property in the Browne’s Addition Historic District.