Originally, this lot in Arlington, Mass., was part of the estate of Dr. R.L. Hodgdon. The the son-in-law of the prominent Wellington family, Hodgdon was the first superintendent of Arlington schools.
The house was built in 1890, and its first owner was Frank W. Hodgdon, who was a civil engineer with the Harbor and Land Commission in Boston. He was still listed as the owner into the 1920s.