Z. Augustus Gallup had this home built in Salem, Mass., in 1889-1890. Previously, banker William H. Foster’s house was here before being demolished.
Gallup was manager of the Naumkeag Clothing Company, and lived here until at least 1897. By 1910, William S. Felton — whose real estate, insurance and auctioneers business was down the street — owned the house, living here for two decades.
By 1970 it had become a multi-family residence, which continues today.