Built in 1901, the Anna E. Watson house is one of the most unusual shingle style houses in Lexington, Mass.
The original owner, F.F. Sherburne, was responsible for laying out most of Winthrop Road, where the house is located, in 1893.
It sold it to Frank Watson of Philadelphia in 1903, and at the time, the property was valued at $7,000.
In a 1904 edition of the Lexington Minute-man, it was noted that “The house on Winthrop road owned by Mrs. A.E. Watson, is having a second story added to the ell.”
The 1910 census showed the Watson household consisted of 39 year old Frank, a mechanical engineer; his wife Ethel; his 74-year-old mother, Anna E. Watson; his sister Melissa and a servant. Members of the Watson family lived there until about 1926.