The John L. Norris House was built in 1889 in Lexington, Mass.
A developer and contractor, Norris (1830-1919) was responsible for much of the building in the Bloomfield Street area of Lexington in the 1880s.
Previously, he built the Norris Block at the town center and a group of cottages on Hancock Avenue. He initially lived in a house just a few doors down on the corner of Mass Ave and Bloomfield St. before building this stunner for he and his family. Norris lived here until his death in 1919.
Norris was also a trustee of the Lexington Savings Bank.