Lincoln Street in Newton, Mass., is packed with the loveliest historic homes and the James and Hannah Edmands house is no exception.
The Edmands’ were the initial occupants of this residence, which was built sometime between 1886-1888.
James was a clerk who commuted to Boston, like the majority of neighborhood residents.
Hannah was the daughter of Moses Craft, a local farmer, who owned the this well-preserved land that now comprises Erie Avenue and a section of Lincoln Street. The couple developed a number of lots in the area as a speculative investment.
After James Edmands’ 1895 death, the property was sold.