Located in the Monument Square-Lexington Road Historic District of Concord, Mass., the Staples/Huttman House — also known as “The Old Gun House” — was built in 1805.
The sprawling home housed the two brass cannons of the Concord Artillery, which was incorporated in 1804. This house is significant for the magnificent late-Victorian Queen Anne structure designed by John Chapman seen today, and for a much earlier structure hidden inside.
Part of the house was moved here around 1860.
It has five bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and 4,613 square feet and sits on more than an acre of land.
According to a previous real estate listing, the Staples/Huttman house has four fireplaces, numerous garrets and turrets, engraved balustrades, gum wood and an in-ground pool.
It sold for $1.39 million in 2013 and is currently assessed at $2.34 million.
[…] 1885-1886, the house was purchased by Benjamin H. Huttman, who had recentlyacquired the amazing house next door, and hired John Chapman to enlarge and remodel both […]
LikeLiked by 1 person