Rhode Island architect Russell Warren designed this mansion in Fall River, Mass., for Joseph Durfee in 1843. Durfee only enjoyed it for four years before dying, at which time his daughter, Elizabeth, and her husband, William Carr took over residency.
In 1880, the Carr’s daughter, Delia, married James Osborn. The house remained in the Osborn family until 1951, when it was given to the Presbyterian Church next door.
In 1977, the church sold the house to Federico Santi and John Gacher, who had the house fully restored and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
The Osborn House now houses several offices after being sold in 1985. It is also commonly referred to as the Carr-Osborn House.