Located in the center of Concord, Mass., the Wright Tavern was built in 1747 by Ephraim Jones, who operated it until 1751.
It was then taken over by Amos Wright, who was still at the helm on April 19, 1775, the day events of Revolutionary War kicked off.
The tavern was used as an early morning meeting place for the Minute Men of Concord that day, after the courthouse bell alerted them to the approach of Major Pitcairn’s British troops.
Pitcairn’s soldiers also stopped there after arriving in Concord.
Prior to that, the Wright Tavern was associated with the Provincial Congress of Massachusetts Bay, which met at the church next door in October, 1774. John Hancock served as head of the Congress, which consisted of some 300 delegates.
They passed measures to end tax payments to the Crown and organized a militia to battle with the King if it came to that. Which it obviously did.
Wright Tavern served as a meeting place for various committees over the five-day congress, serving refreshments to attendees.
Today, the building houses architecture firms, and serves as an education space for the Concord Museum.