This stone cold beauty in Spokane, Washington, has the things of which all Queen Anne dreams are made. That wrap-around porch and three-story tower? To die for!
It was built in 1896 for financier Alba J. Page, owner of Page Lane Company, and his wife, Flora. The home was eventually purchased by Ethel and William Ufford, a well-known successful lumberman.
In 2007, it was purchased by Katherine Fritchie, owner of Spokane’s Garland Theatre. Previous owners had lived here for 61 years, leaving behind numerous belongings, which took more than two months to sort through.
She spent a year restoring the property, which had fallen into disrepair. Work included replacing the columns, which she found in a greenhouse on the property. Eight layers of wallpaper were removed to reveal original hand-painted stencils, which were recreated by another craftsman.
This home, which overlooks Latah Creek from the back, was the fourth home Fritchie purchased and restored in the Browne’s Addition Historic District.
The Page-Ufford House is a contributing property in the Browne’s Addition Historic District which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.