Renowned Napa, California architect Luther Turton designed this 1892 house for the Ingalls family: Wilfred, Edna, Everett and Marion.
One of Napa’s earliest business owners, Wilfred owned a hardware store that reportedly supplied items to Napa State Hospital. In addition, he was an investor in a sugar beet refinery and San Francisco Shoe Factory.
The family lived here until the late 1920s.
According to an article in the Napa Valley Register, Ingalls, Turton and George Francis — owner of the Napa Register — planted palm trees along first street in hopes it would be renamed Palm Drive. The city, however, rejected their request.
Wilfred Ingalls died in March 1929 and later, the property passed through numerous owners until the Inman family moved in in 1990.
At that time, it had been divided into two apartments. Inman and her family restored the home to a single family home.
The Inmans sold the home in $802,000; after rehabbing the house, it sold for more than a million in 2018.
— Info from the Napa Valley Register, 2018