Built in 1885, William Henry Caron designed this Victorian home in Woodland, California, for Thomas and Melinda Prior. Thomas owned a hardware store in town for many years, and the house remained in the Prior family for the next 31 years.
Melinda Prior owned the house until her death in 1913, and her daugher, Della Prior Pierce, owned it for three years after that.
The Prior daughters, Della, May and Minnie, were talented and accomplished singers. Della was a regular at churches in the community and also taught music.
From 1916-1945, farmer William E. Russell owned the home. Russell came west in 1889, settling in Colusa County, moving to Yolo County with his family in 1899.
The home was later owned for many years by Mary Lara.