Built in 1856 as a town meeting place and public school, the Old Town Hall is an Italianate municipal building in Bedford, Mass.
Over the years, it has been home to town offices, schools, a jail, the town library, town meeting and a host of other events. It served as the town’s principal meeting place from its opening until the 1920s, it also hosted a primary school until 1891.
In 1929, it was renovated to house Bedford’s town offices until the 1970s, but a few remained until the 1980s. In addition, the town library was here from 1892 until 1952.
Old Town Hall is part of the Bedford Historic District, a local historic district established in 1964, and was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1977 as part of the Old Bedford Center Historic District.