John Chester and Lucy Hutchinson were the original owners of this 1905-built house in Lexington, Mass. John was a partner in the Boston brokerage firm Whitney and Elwell. A former chairman of the board of selectmen, John was the Director of the Lexington Trust Company for 25 years and active in Lexington and Boston civic activities.
Lucy was known as the historian of their family, which also included four children, three of which were born while living here.
In 1913, they moved to a different Lexington house. By 1915, Boston bank employee Frank Brown — and also brother of this house’s architect, Willard Brown — lived here. Arthur and Minnie Maddison were residents from 1922-1942.
The Hutchinson House has six bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and two half baths with 5300+ square feet. It sold last year for $2.7 million dollars.