Built in 1886-1887, the Dwight House is one of the earliest homes remaining in the Browne’s Addition National Historic District in Spokane, Washington.
Prominent Spokane architect Herman Preusse designed the house for Mary P. Willis and Daniel H. Dwight, a real estate investor who owned property throughout the city. The couple lived there until selling it to their daughter, Mary E. Dwight, who was born there in 1895.
Mary was an accomplished and well-educated artist, poet and author who contributed to the arts in Spokane throughout her 91-year life. The home remains a single-family residence, despite a short stint as a restaurant, and is one of the most intact homes in Browne’s Addition.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.