The William S. Russell House is one of the newer houses on High Street in Ipswich, Mass., which is largely dominated by first period homes.
Russell, a dry goods merchant, built this Queen Anne mansion in 1890, replacing the James Harris house, which was once on this site. He served at Town Water Commissioner from 1894-1896.
Many of its original details remain.
It has five bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and more than 3500 square feet.