We honestly had no idea how many old, tiny schools were still in existence until we started walking in different towns.
Built in 1794-5, the West School is a one-room schoolhouse in Burlington, Mass.
Originally located in the center of town, it was moved to its present location to serve a different part of town and remained a school until 1897.
For a while, it served as a garage, and was then rehabbed by the local historical society in 1964.
It is the only remaining schoolhouse in Burlington from that time period, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2006.