The Marrett and Nathan Munroe House is located across the street from the Lexington (Mass.) Battle Green.
It was a witness house to the Battle of Lexington on April 19, 1775, one of the first events of the Revolutionary War.
Built in 1729, the house belonged to Marrett Monroe, who was married to the sister of Captain John Parker, who led the militia during the battle. Marrett’s son, Nathan, took part in the battle.
Nathan’s wife, Elizabeth, was the sister of Jonathan Harrington, who died after taking part in the fight, and whose house still stands on the other side of the Battle Green.