A short but sweet write-up for a historic house whose looks can stand alone.
Located in Arlington, Mass., the William Proctor house (c. 1870) is a rare example of Second Empire styling in the area.
While it now serves as an office building, it was previously owned by Proctor, a bank teller who worked in Boston. His son, also William, was a head honcho at Proctor & Gay, an architectural firm that designed several landmarks in Arlington.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985.