Built in 1806 in the heart of Acton, Mass., the Samuel Law House was one of the earliest structures to go up in the area, which was developed around the town Meeting House.
Law was one of three men who bought all the surrounding land to develop the area.
Its most well-known resident was likely Arthur F. Davis (1876-1952), who made important community contributions including his extensive artwork depicting local history. He was the town librarian from 1903 to 1945, too.
Its earlier residents storekeeper Stephen Weston lived here from 1816-1840 and Stephens Hayward from the 1850s to 1870. The house additionally operated as a store during Hayward’s ownership.
With 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, the house has 5200 square feet and is directly across the street from the gorgeous town library (coming in a future post!).
It sold in November, 2020, for $1.1 million dollars. Check out the amazing interior here.